Why Content is the Lifeblood of your B2B SaaS Business
If you are looking to effectively grow your B2B SaaS business online as well as connect personally with your customers, one very important medium is your content.
Did you know that Hubspot grew its brand and is able to organically rank high on search engines because of how highly qualitative their articles in particular are? This is because of their use of content.
I did a little bit of digging for you and for free, you get to do your content so well that you appear for free on corners of the internet where your customers need you and win.
Below are the sections we will cover in this post:
- What is Content?
- What are the various types of Content?
- What are the various purposes served by Content in your B2B Saas Business?
- Important tips for creating great content for your B2B SaaS business.
- Wrapping Up.
What is Content?
Content refers to the information, message, or material that is presented to an audience through various forms of media, such as text, images, audio, or video. Whatever you put out can be used for a variety of purposes, such as educating, informing, entertaining, or promoting a product or service that you sell, that's Content. It can be created in many different formats, such as articles, blog posts, videos, infographics, etc.
The Various Types of Content
There are many different types of content, but some common examples include:
- Text-based content: This includes articles, blog posts, e-books, and other forms of written content. For example, this post you're reading right now is text-based content.
- Audio content: This includes podcasts, music, and other forms of audio content. For example, there are audiobooks everywhere these days. That is audio content and what happens is afterward, you feel the need to connect with the author.
- Video content: This includes videos on platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, TikTok, and more. If you have ever watched a video on YouTube to maybe learn a course or similar, you watched a video content.
- Image-based content: This includes photographs, infographics, and other forms of visual content. For example, here's an image of an infographic:
5. Interactive content: This includes polls, quizzes, and other types of interactive content that engage the audience.
6. Influencer content: This includes content created by influencers, who are individuals or groups that have a large following on social media platforms and are able to influence the purchasing decisions of their followers.
7. Marketing content: This includes advertising, promotional materials, and other forms of content that are created to promote a product, service, or brand.
8. Social media content: This includes posts, updates, tweets, and other forms of content shared on social media platforms.
This list is not exhaustive, but just a few examples of the many types of content that exist. Sometimes, these types of content are mixed up together or can also stand independently.
Purposes Served by Content in Your B2B SaaS Business
- Educating: By creating educational content such as blog posts, e-books, and webinars, your business can help educate its target audience about its products, services, and industry. For example, this post on Engage blog educates our customers on how to connect their Facebook ad account to Engage.
- Generating leads: By creating content that is designed to capture the contact information of potential customers, your business can generate leads that can be nurtured into paying customers. At Engage, even without meaning to, we have used informative content that our customers are actively looking for to bring them directly to us, simply by distributing right.
- Building trust: By creating high-quality, informative content that demonstrates a business' expertise and authority in its industry, your business can build trust with your target audience.
- Positioning: By creating content that positions a business as a thought leader in its industry, your business can differentiate itself from its competitors and attract new customers. Content is the best way to position yourself as knowing more than your competitors.
- Retention: By creating content that provides value to existing customers, your business can increase customer retention and reduce churn. At Engage, we have been able to retain certain customers, by creating relevant content around their frequently asked questions.
- SEO: By creating content that is optimized for search engines, your business can improve its visibility in search results and attract more organic traffic to its website.
- CRM: Your business can engage with potential customers and move them through the sales funnel, by creating content that is tailored to different stages of the customer journey.
- Social Media Growth.: By creating content that is shareable on social media and engaging, your business can increase its reach and attract new customers through social media platforms.
- Announcement: You can use content to make an announcement, explaining that your product has a new feature or has been updated, or will be following a particular process.
Overall, the main purpose of creating content for a B2B SaaS business is to attract and retain customers by providing valuable information. Also, by positioning the business as an authority in its industry but you can use it for so much more as clearly stated.
Important Tips for Creating Great Content to Attract the Right Customers for Your B2B SaaS Business
- Understand your target audience: Before creating any content, it is important to have a clear understanding of your target audience and their pain points, challenges, and goals. This will help ensure that your content is relevant and valuable to them.
- Conduct research: To create high-quality, informative content, it is important to conduct thorough research on the topics you plan to cover. This will help ensure that your content is accurate and up-to-date.
- Use data and statistics: Your prospective customers are interested in facts. Including data and statistics in your content can help make it more engaging and credible. It also helps to create a sense of trust in your potential customers.
- Use visuals: Using visuals such as images, infographics, and videos can help make your content more engaging and easier to understand.
- Optimize for SEO: To ensure that your content is easily discoverable by search engines, it's important to optimize it for SEO. This includes using relevant keywords, meta tags, and alt tags.
- Use storytelling: Without being told, your incoming customers love stories. Everyone loves stories including you. Using storytelling in your content can help make it more engaging and memorable for your customers. Storytelling is how you make them remember your brand when they need the services you offer.
- Be consistent: To build trust and establish your business as an authority in your industry, it's important to create and publish content consistently. If you're not consistent, your customers can clearly see that you are not interested in that part of your business which really is a vital one.
- Promote your content: Once your content is published, be sure to promote it through social media, email marketing, and other channels to increase its reach and visibility. It can be so good that your customers start helping you promote too.
- Measure and Improve: Measure the performance of your content by analyzing the metrics such as engagement, shares, and conversions. Use this data to improve your content strategy.
Remember, creating great content takes time and effort, but by following these above tips and consistently producing high-quality, valuable content, you can help attract and retain customers for your B2B SaaS business.
Great content is centered around two things: value and clarity. If it is clearly valuable, not once or twice but consistently, you are building a Saas business that will withstand even the hardest business seasons.
At Engage, our aim is to help you maintain great relationships with your customers by delivering your content in form of emails, sms, push notifications, and more to your customers, while helping them achieve their business automation goals. By doing so, you are able to build trust and establish your product or business as their best option.