If you use Stripe for payments, you can now connect your Stripe account to Engage for customer data enrichment, segmentation and creating messaging automation for billing notifications and reminders.
Why this is important
The Stripe integration makes it possible for Stripe to send customer and billing events from Stripe to Engage as they happen. These events can then be used on Engage to create customer segments or create message automation for billing notifications and reminders, e.g, “We could not charge your card for your subscription renewal”. No more spending development resources on building complex billing notification and reminder logic.
- Enriching your customer data with data from Stripe
- Segmenting paying customers.
- Sending receipts for one-time payments or subscriptions.
- Sending notification of payment failure, especially for subscription renewals.
- Reminding customers that their trial will end.
- Reminding customers their card will expire.
Engage currently supports 10 Stripe events. These include:
- Customer created (triggered when a new customer is created on Stripe)
- Upcoming subscription invoice (triggered before a subscription is charged and renewed)
- Successful charge (for one-time payment and subscriptions)
- Failed charge (for one-time payment and subscriptions)
- New customer subscription
- Customer Subscription deleted
- Trial ending (triggered when a customer’s trial period for a subscription will end)
- Card expiring (triggered when customer card will expire at end of month)
Get started with the Stripe integration
The Stripe integration is now available to every account on Engage. Login to your Engage account, visit Settings -> Integrations and click on the Stripe option. You will be redirected to Stripe to log in and authorise your account. Once done, your customer events from Stripe will be sent to Engage as they happen and you can start using this to create customer segments and automate your billing messaging. We have also created sample automation templates to make it easy to create some basic billing automation.